The links below will outline the procedures to access the campus computer network from on campus.
Student Quick Links
- Wireless Instructions
- For anyone desiring to access the campus wireless network.
- Wired Device Registration (Laptop/Desktop/Game Console/DVD Player/Smart TV/etc.)
- For all students living in on-campus housing including the residence halls, South
Campus Commons, University Courtyards, Graduate Hills and Gardens, and Fraternity Row (UMD Login required).
- If you are trying to register a game console or other device besides your computer, please make sure you have the MAC/PHYSICAL address of that device as you will need it for registration. It consists of 6 alphanumeric pairs separated by colons such as AA:BB:CC:11:22:33.
- Once you log in, you will be asked to read and accept the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Select the Add button.
- On the Add Device Form, you can enter a name for the device, the Device ID (this is where you want to input your MAC/PHYSICAL address of your game console, DVD player, Smart TV, etc.), and brief description of the device.
- Devices may take up to 2 minutes to complete the registration.
- If the device does not connect initially, unplug the device and plug it in again.
- If a device is disconnected from the network for more than 90 days, it will need to be registered again.
- Voicemail Ordering
- For students living in campus housing (shared voicemail box for room).
Faculty/Staff Quick Links
- Wired Device Registration
- For all faculty and staff who want to use their desktops, laptops,
or printers from their offices, classrooms, computer labs, or conference
- LAN Admins
- For users authorized by Departmental Representatives (DRs)
to manage department network devices.